Tuesday, March 8, 2011

HOW TO: Make your eyeshadow last all day long!!!

I have found that through my makeup endevors, there are many factors that come into play when making your make-up last all day. Almost all of them tie-back to a good base, and I've used many shadows with these bases - the shadows don't need to be high-end MAC....I've used dollar store LA COLORS, just the same.....

A base doesn't have to be anything expensive...but expensive works just as good too! My favorite happens to be Urban Decay's primer potion. I will throw out a list of my favorites and you will see that not everything I use is exactly expensive but it helps to set my make-up and it lasts much longer because of that. Examples:

E.L.F. Eyelid Primer $1
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk $4
MAC Bare Study Paint Pot $16

Too Faced Shadow Insurance $16
Urban Decay Primer Potion $18
My basic make-up routine involves foundation primer all over the face, liquid foundation on the lid, and then my primer potion on the lid. My lids tend to get a little oily so I can say before I had trouble with creasing. Using this technique I have not had ANY problems.


Using a base before you apply your make-up helps set the natural oils in your lid, it also helps the shadows you are getting ready to place on your lid have something to grab onto. Basically what your doing is giving the shadow something tangible to grab....something creamy to latch onto, which gives them a little more "staying power" once you get everything down. So, there is one more thing I can suggest - a make-up setting spray (Make Up For Ever Mist and Fix, Urban Decay All Nighter) they work well for no-budge!!!

Try it out, I can say that starting out with a base instead of just merely applying your shadows will surely surprise you in the long run!!! =)



Let me know if you have anymore ideas, reviews, anything you'd like to see on the page in the future in the comments plz... =)

No comments:

Post a Comment